Zoldonat (Zoledronic acid)
- Brand Name:Zoldonat
- Active Ingredient: Zoledronic acid
- Company name:Natco
- Treating high blood calcium levels caused by cancer. It is also used with other medicines to treat patients with certain types of cancer. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
- Zoldonat (Zoledronic acid) is a bisphosphonate. It works by decreasing the breakdown of bone. This reduces the amount of calcium that is released into the blood from bones and helps to lower your blood calcium level.
Mechanism of action:
The action of zoledronate on bone tissue is based partly on its affinity for hydroxyapatite, which is part of the mineral matrix of bone. Zoledronate also targets farnesyl pyrophosphate (FPP) synthase. Nitrogen-containing bisphosphonates such as zoledronate appear to act as analogues of isoprenoid diphosphate lipids, thereby inhibiting FPP synthase, an enzyme in the mevalonate pathway. Inhibition of this enzyme in osteoclasts prevents the biosynthesis of isoprenoid lipids (FPP and GGPP) that are essential for the post-translational farnesylation and geranylgeranylation of small GTPase signalling proteins. This activity inhibits osteoclast activity and reduces bone resorption and turnover. In postmenopausal women, it reduces the elevated rate of bone turnover, leading to, on average, a net gain in bone mass.
Dosage & Administration:
- Use Zoldonat (Zoledronic acid) as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Zoldonat (Zoledronic acid) is given as an injection at your doctor's office, hospital, or clinic. Contact your health care provider if you have any questions.
- If you miss a dose of Zoldonat (Zoledronic acid), contact your doctor right away.
- Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Zoldonat (Zoledronic acid).
- All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Back pain; constipation; decreased appetite; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; headache; mild cough or sore throat; mild muscle or joint aches; nausea; stomach pain or upset; tiredness; trouble sleeping; vomiting; weakness; weight loss.
- Before using Zoldonat (Zoledronic acid), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or to other bisphosphonates (such as alendronate, risedronate); or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: kidney problems, loss of too much body water (dehydration), aspirin-sensitive asthma.
Store: Zoldonat (Zoledronic acid) is handled and stored by a health care provider. You will not store it at home. Keep all medicines out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Minimum Order Quantity
1 Inj in 1 Vial
- Per Day
- 1-12 Days
Portion A, First Floor, Old No. 131, New No. 50, Pedariyar Koil Street, Seven Wells Chennai Tamil Nadu India +918045478353