- Brand name: Zidovir
- Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Zidovudine
- Company Name: Cipla
- Package: 10 tablets per strip
- Strength : 300mg
Treating HIV infection when used along with other medicines. It is also used with other medicines to help prevent women from passing the HIV virus to the fetus during pregnancy. Zidovir (Zidovudine) is an antiviral. It works by blocking the reproduction of the HIV virus.
Mechanism of action:
Zidovir (Zidovudine), a structural analog of thymidine, is a prodrug that must be phosphorylated to its active 5′-triphosphate metabolite, Zidovir (Zidovudine) triphosphate (ZDV-TP). It inhibits the activity of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase (RT) via DNA chain termination after incorporation of the nucleotide analogue. It competes with the natural substrate dGTP and incorporates itself into viral DNA. It is also a weak inhibitor of cellular DNA polymerase α and γ.
Dosage and Administration:
Use Zidovir (Zidovudine) as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Zidovir (Zidovudine) by mouth with or without food.
- Taking Zidovir (Zidovudine) at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Zidovir (Zidovudine).
- All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Constipation; headache; loss of appetite; nausea; tiredness; vomiting; weakness.
- Before taking Zidovir (Zidovudine), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: kidney problems, liver problems (such as hepatitis B or C, cirrhosis), alcohol use, low red/white blood cells.
Zidovir (Zidovudine) is handled and stored by a health care provider. You will not store it at home. Keep all medicines out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- Per Day
- 1-12 Days
Portion A, First Floor, Old No. 131, New No. 50, Pedariyar Koil Street, Seven Wells Chennai Tamil Nadu India +918045478353