Brand name: Zerit
Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Stavudine
Company Name: Bristol-Myers Squibb
Package: 60 capsules
Strength : 40mg
This drug is used with other HIV medications to help control HIV infection. It helps to decrease the amount of HIV in your body so your immune system can work better. This lowers your chance of getting HIV complications (such as new infections, cancer) and improves your quality of life. Zerit (Stavudine) belongs to a class of drugs known as nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTI).
Mechanism of action:
Zerit (Stavudine) inhibits the activity of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase (RT) both by competing with the natural substrate dGTP and by its incorporation into viral DNA.
Dosage and Administration:
Use Zerit (Stavudine) as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
· Zerit (Stavudine) comes with an extra patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully. Read it again each time you get Zerit (Stavudine) refilled.
· Take Zerit (Stavudine) by mouth with or without food.
· Continue to take Zerit (Stavudine) even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
· If you miss a dose of Zerit (Stavudine), take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Zerit (Stavudine).
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Changes in body fat; diarrhea; headache; loss of appetite; nausea; vomiting.
Before taking Zerit (Stavudine), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: pancreatitis, kidney problems, liver problems (such as hepatitis, cirrhosis), nerve problems (such as peripheral neuropathy), alcohol use, gall bladder problems (such as gall stones).
Store Zerit (Stavudine) at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C), in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Zerit (Stavudine) out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- As Per Order Requirement Per Day
- 1-12 Days
Portion A, First Floor, Old No. 131, New No. 50, Pedariyar Koil Street, Seven Wells Chennai Tamil Nadu India +918045478353