It is used in first-line treatment of patients with distinct types of metastatic (EGFR mutation positive) non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC), developed by Boehringer Ingelheim. It acts as an irreversible covalent inhibitor of the receptor tyrosine kinases epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and erbB-2 (HER2).It has received regulatory approval for use as a treatment for non-small cell lung cancer, although there is emerging evidence to support its use in other cancers such as breast cancer.
Dosage and Administration:
- Xovoltib (Afatinib) is a pill, taken by mouth.
- Take Xovoltib (Afatinib) on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
- Take Xovoltib (Afatinib) exactly as prescribed.
- Swallow Xovoltib (Afatinib) tablets whole with at least 8 ounces of water. Do not crush or dissolve tablets.
- Do not change your dose or stop Xovoltib (Afatinib) unless your health care provider tells you to.
- If you miss a dose and your next dose is due in: Less than 12 hours, take your next dose at the normal time. Do not make up the next dose.
- 12 hours or more, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Take your next dose at the normal time.
- Do not take more than 1 dose of Xovoltib (Afatinib) at one time. Call your health care provider and go to the emergency room right away if you take too much.
- Store at room temperature (68° F to 77° F); keep medication in original bottle; protect from high humidity, moisture and light.
- The amount of Xovoltib (Afatinib) that you will receive depends on many factors, including your general health or other health problems, and the type of cancer or condition you have. Your doctor will determine your exact Xovoltib (Afatinib) dosage and schedule
20mg, 30mg, 40mg
- As Per Order requirement Per Day
- 1-12 Days
Portion A, First Floor, Old No. 131, New No. 50, Pedariyar Koil Street, Seven Wells Chennai Tamil Nadu India +918045478353