- Brand name: Temonat
- Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Temozolomide
- Company Name: Natco
- Package: 5 Capsules
- Strength: 100mg
It is used as a treatment of some brain cancers; as a second-line treatment for astrocytoma and a first-line treatment for glioblastoma multiforme.
Temonat (Temozolomide) is an antineoplastic agent. It works by stopping cancer cells from growing and reproducing.
Mechanism of action:
The therapeutic benefit of Temonat (Temozolomide) depends on its ability toalkylate/methylate DNA, which most often occurs at the N-7 or O-6 positions ofguanine residues. This methylation damages the DNA and triggers the death of tumor cells. However, some tumor cells are able to repair this type of DNA damage, and therefore diminish the therapeutic efficacy of Temonat (Temozolomide) , by expressing a protein O6-alkylguanine DNA alkyltransferase (AGT) encoded in humans by the O-6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) gene. In some tumors, epigenetic silencing of the MGMT gene prevents the synthesis of this enzyme, and as a consequence such tumors are more sensitive to killing by Temonat (Temozolomide) . Conversely, the presence of AGT protein in brain tumors predicts poor response to Temonat (Temozolomide) and these patients receive little benefit from chemotherapy with Temonat (Temozolomide) .
Dosage and Administration:
- This medication is given in a capsule form by mouth.
- Take on an empty stomach (1 hour before or 2 hours after meals or at bedtime) to reduce stomach upset.
- Do not open, crush, or chew capsules; swallow capsules whole with full 8 ounces of water.
- The frequency and the amount of this medication you will receive depends on many factors, including your height and weight, your general health or other health problems, and the type of cancer you have. Your doctor will determine your dosage and schedule.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Anxiety; back pain; breast pain; constipation; cough; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry skin; hair loss; headache; joint pain; loss of appetite; mild stomach pain; mouth or tongue sores; muscle aches; nausea; taste changes; tiredness; trouble sleeping; vomiting; weakness; weight gain.
- Before starting Temonat (Temozolomide) treatment, make sure you tell your doctor about any other medications you are taking (including prescription, over-the-counter, vitamins, herbal remedies, etc.). Do not take aspirin, or products containing aspirin unless your doctor specifically permits this.
- Do not receive any kind of immunization or vaccination without your doctor's approval while taking Temonat (Temozolomide) .
- Let your health care provider know if you've had an allergic reaction to this drug or dacarbazine (DTIC) in the past, you may not be able to take temozolamide.
Store: Temonat (Temozolomide) is usually handled and stored by a health care provider. If you are using Temonat (Temozolomide) at home, store Temonat (Temozolomide) as directed by your pharmacist or health care provider. Keep Temonat (Temozolomide) out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- Per Day
- 1-12 Days
Portion A, First Floor, Old No. 131, New No. 50, Pedariyar Koil Street, Seven Wells Chennai Tamil Nadu India +918045478353