Brand Name: Indivan
Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Indinavir
Company Name: Cipla
Package: 30 capsules /bottle
This drug is used with other HIV medications to help control HIV infection. It helps to decrease the amount of HIV in your body so your immune system can work better. This lowers your chance of getting HIV complications (such as new infections, cancer) and improves your quality of life.
Mechanism of action:
Indivan (Indinavir) inhibits the HIV viral protease enzyme which prevents cleavage of the gag-pol polyprotein, resulting in noninfectious, immature viral particles.
Dosage and Administration:
Use Indivan (Indinavir) as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
· Take Indivan (Indinavir) by mouth on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating. You may also take it with a light meal that is low in calories, fat, and protein. Take Indivan (Indinavir) with water. You may also take it with other liquids such as skim or nonfat milk, juice, coffee, or tea.
· Drinking extra fluids while you are taking Indivan (Indinavir) is recommended. You should drink at least 48 oz (1.5 L) of water a day unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
· If you take didanosine, ask your doctor or pharmacist how to take it with Indivan (Indinavir).
· Large amounts of garlic may decrease the effectiveness of Indivan (Indinavir). Talk with your doctor before including garlic in your diet.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Indivan (Indinavir).
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Bad taste in the mouth; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; headache; mild stomach pain or upset; nausea; tiredness; vomiting; weakness.
Before taking Indivan (Indinavir), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: high blood fat levels (cholesterol/triglycerides), diabetes, hemophilia, kidney problems (including kidney stones), heart problems (coronary artery disease, heart attack), liver problems.
Store Indivan (Indinavir) at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C), in the original bottle. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Leave the desiccant in the bottle. Do not eat the desiccant. Keep Indivan (Indinavir) out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- As Per Order Requirement Per Day
- 1-12 Days
Portion A, First Floor, Old No. 131, New No. 50, Pedariyar Koil Street, Seven Wells Chennai Tamil Nadu India +918045478353