- Brand name: Entehep
- Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Entecavir
- Company Name: Zydus Heptiza
- Package: 10 Tabs in strip
- Strength : 0.5mg
Mechanism of action:
Entecavir is mainly used to treat chronic hepatitis B infection in adults and children 2 years and older with active viral replication and evidence of active disease.It is also used to prevent HBV reinfection after liver transplant and to treat HIV patients infected with HBV. Entecavir is weakly active against HIV, however it is not recommended for use in HIV-HBV co-infected patients without a fully suppressive anti-HIV regimen as it may select for resistance to lamivudine and emtricitabine in HIV.
Dosage and Administration:
- Take entecavir on an empty stomach, at least 2 hours after a meal and at least 2 hours before the next meal.
- Entecavir works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
- Continue to take entecavir even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of entecavir, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Dizziness; headache; nausea; tiredness.
An overdose entecavir Unlikely to threaten life, call an emergency room or a poison control center for advice if you suspect that a very large dose of entecavir has been ingested.
There are no restrictions on food, beverages, or activities while taking entecavir otherwise directed by your physician.
Store entecavir in the original carton at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep entecavir out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Dose/Strength (ex. 1 mg or 1 ml)
Hospital, Personal, Clinical
- Per Day
- 1-12 Days
Portion A, First Floor, Old No. 131, New No. 50, Pedariyar Koil Street, Seven Wells Chennai Tamil Nadu India +918045478353