- Brand name: Daruvir
- Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Darunavir
- Company Name: Cipla
- Package:60 Tabs/Bottle
- Strength : 300mg
Treating HIV infection in certain patients along with other antiretroviral medicines. Daruvir (Darunavir) must always be taken along with another medicine called ritonavir. Daruvir (Darunavir) is an HIV protease inhibitor. It works by blocking the growth of HIV.
Mechanism of action:
Daruvir (Darunavir) is a HIV protease inhibitor which prevents HIV replication by binding to the enzyme's active site, thereby preventing the dimerization and the catalytic activity of the HIV-1 protease. Daruvir (Darunavir) selectively inhibits the cleavage of HIV encoded Gag-Pol polyproteins in virus-infected cells, which prevents the formation of mature infectious virus particles. Structual analyses suggests that the close contact that Daruvir (Darunavir) has with the main chains of the protease active site amino acids (Asp-29 and Asp-30) is an important contributing factor to its potency and wide spectrum of activity against multi-protease inhibitor resistant HIV-1 variants. Daruvir (Darunavir) can also adapt to the changing shape of a protease enzyme because of its molecular flexibility. Daruvir (Darunavir) is known to bind to two distinct sites on the enzyme: the active site cavity and the surface of one of the flexible flaps in the protease dimer.
Dosage and Administration:
- Use Daruvir (Darunavir) as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with Daruvir (Darunavir). Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Take Daruvir (Darunavir) by mouth with food. Ritonavir should be taken at the same time as Daruvir (Darunavir).
- Swallow Daruvir (Darunavir) whole with a drink, such as water or milk. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing. If you are unable to swallow Daruvir (Darunavir) whole, contact your doctor. Daruvir (Darunavir) may not be right for you.
- If you also take didanosine, do not take it within 1 hour before or 2 hours after taking Daruvir (Darunavir). Check with your doctor if you have questions.
- Taking Daruvir (Darunavir) at the same time(s) each day will help you remember to take it.
- Continue to take Daruvir (Darunavir) even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
Since Daruvir (Darunavir) is always taken with other HIV medications, it may be difficult to tell whether Daruvir (Darunavir) is causing certain side effects. However, Daruvir (Darunavir) is known to cause diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, and headache. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Before taking Daruvir (Darunavir), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. Since Daruvir (Darunavir) must be taken with ritonavir, tell your doctor if you are allergic to ritonavir. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Store Daruvir (Darunavir) at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light.
Dose/Strength (ex. 1 mg or 1 ml)
Hospital, Personal, Clinical
- Per Day
- 1-12 Days
Portion A, First Floor, Old No. 131, New No. 50, Pedariyar Koil Street, Seven Wells Chennai Tamil Nadu India +918045478353